Monday, July 16, 2012

Apptivities for the Classroom: Vocabulary Games

Vocabulary is one of my favorite things to teach.  Students see value in learning vocabulary, and if I can make it fun, they get really engaged in what we are doing.  When reviewing vocabulary, I've tried everything from games with a ball to Bingo, to just giving students time to review with notecards.  This past year, I was fortunate enough to have a few students with access to iPads and iPhones.  As a result, I had a chance to experiment with a few fun apps. Storylines for Schools is my favorite FREE app for vocabulary review.

What it does

Storylines for Schools is very similar to the game, Telestrations. Students begin with a definition and pass the device around to sketch and eventually guess the word.  The apptivitiy works best for small groups of about 3-5.

How it works












No comments:

Post a Comment