Saturday, July 7, 2012

Facebook With Students?

I'll start out by saying that I've never used Facebook with my students. At this present time, my district prohibits it. Like many other teachers out there, I've often wondered how it could be used to enhance my teaching. My student are on Facebook 24-7, so could it be used as a motivational tool to get them talking about classroom content? Could it provide them a better opportunity to ask for help or stay informed about classroom assignments? After hearing that my district is considering lifting the Facebook ban with some major rules attached, I approached a friend of mine who has been successfully using Facebook with her students for two years. Here is a link to one of her blog posts where she discusses how using Facebook with her students has impacted her teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment